Quilt Modern Blog Hop and Giveaway
May brings a new Blog Hop! This month is all about Modern quilts, inspired by modern art and boasting bold colors and prints, high contrast and graphic areas of solid color. During the next three weeks of the Blog Hop, our Ambassadors will be exploring the world of Modern Quilting, tryin improvisational piecing, designing minimalistic blocks and using expansive negative space.
Our Ambassadors will be making their fabulous modern quilts with new Island Batik collections and products from our sponsors – Aurifil, Hobbs Batting, Schmetz Needles and AccuQuilt. We hope that you will follow along to see their amazing creations and get inspired to dive into Modern Quilting!
Every Friday we will be posting round-ups of the projects featured during that week and give away bundles of the new Island Batik collections, highlighted during the hop. Be sure to visit all the Ambassadors’ blogs to discover their inspiring creations, read the stories behind each project and participate in their bonus giveaways!
The fabrics, featured in this Blog Hop, are from the stunning Winter 2020 Collections, that will start appearing in your favorite fabric stores in May! To find your local Island Batik shop, visit the Store Locator on our website, plug in your zip code, and your local shop will appear on the map! Super easy and helpful!
Check the Island Batik Blog regularly so you do not miss a thing! The full list of Ambassadors’ names, collections they will be using in their projects, and their post dates are as follows:
- Preeti Harris, Sew Preeti Quilts
- Denise Looney, For the Love of Geese
- Brianna Roberts, Sew Cute and Quirky
- Joanne Hart, Unicornharts
- Leah Malasky, Quilted Delights
- Jane Hauprich, Stitch by Stitch Custom Quilting
- Pamela Boatright, PamelaQuilts
- Andi Stanfield, True Blue Quilts
- Suzy Webster, Websterquilt
Blog Hop Round-Up Week 1 and Giveaway
- Jennifer Thomas, Curlicue Creations
- Claudia Porter, Create with Claudia
- Megan Best, Bestquilter
- Maryellen McAuliffe, Mary Mack Made Mine
- Jennifer Eubank, Archipelago Quilting
- Gail Sheppard, Quilting Gail
- Emily Leachman, The Darling Dogwood
- Michelle Roberts, Creative Blonde
- Gail Renna, Quilt Haven Threads
Blog Hop Round-Up Week 2 and Giveaway
- Sally Manke, Sally Manke Fiber Artist
- Elizabeth DeCroos, Epida Studio
- Connie Kauffman, Kauffman Designs
- Jennifer Fulton, Inquiring Quilter
- Mania Hatziioannidi, Mania for Quilts
- Janet Yamamoto, Whispers of Yore
End of Blog Hop and Round-Up
To celebrate the start of Quilt Modern! Blog Hop, we are giving away a 2.5″ Strip Pack and a 10″ Stack of the complete Island Batik Forecast collection by Ebony Love of Lovebug Studios!
To enter for your chance to win one of the two prizes above, follow the simple Rafflecopter prompts below.a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway ends May, 7 at 11:59 pm PST. Two random winners will be notified by email on May, 8 and announced on May, 11. If the winners do not respond within the first two days after being notified, two new random winners will be chosen and notified.